During Food Allergy Week 2015 we wanted to raise awareness and show just how great allergy free baking can be. During the week we created and shared a new recipe every day, some of which were influenced by friends and followers. These Choc Chip & Marshmallow Cookies were influenced by Mish Solomon who first baked a batch for a competition we hosted. They are free from gluten, dairy, egg and nuts and are simply delicious…as you’d imagine!
With all of our recipes, we recommend using our gluten-free flour which you can get sent to you when you signup to our email list over to the right in the sidebar, or in the footer below if you’re on a mobile.
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp full cream coconut milk
- 1 cup mixed dairy free white and dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup roughly chopped marshmallows (gluten, dairy, egg and nut free)
Makes 24 biscuits
- Preheat oven to 180 ºC (356 ºF).
- Line 3 large baking trays with baking paper
- Sift the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix with a whisk.
- In an electric mixer combine the coconut oil and sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Combine coconut milk and vanilla with coconut oil and sugar mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry (or vice versa) and mix.
- Once combined add the roughly chopped chocolate
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the dough onto the trays. Gently press in the marshmallow pieces into each biscuit and gently press down with either a fork or your hand.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes until edges are golden.
- Let them cool on a cooling rack.
If you want more recipes like this check out our cookbook Let Them Eat Good Cake
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free, and nut free.