This allergy free tea cake is perfect for sunday afternoon tea
Ever since we posted an image of our new Pear and Cinnamon Teacake on facebook we’ve been inundated with requests for the recipe. We were trying to save it for the cookbook, but we’ve graciously given in. And so it is with pleasure that we offer you this delicious allergy friendly recipe. Like all our baking it’s gluten free, dairy free, egg free and nut free. This one is soy free too.
With all of our recipes, we recommend using our gluten-free flour. You can get our gluten-free flour recipe sent to you when you signup to our email list over to the right in the sidebar, or in the footer below if you’re on a mobile.
- 1 ripe pear
- 60 g dairy free margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda (baking soda)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 ºC (356 ºF)
- Grease and line with baking paper a deep 20cm round baking tin.
- Beat dairy free margarine, vanilla extract, sugar, bicarbonate soda and apple cider vinegar with a stand alone or hand held mixer. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir in sifted flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and coconut cream. Set aside
- Cut pear into thin slices, fanning them out on the bottom of your cake tin.
- Spread mixture on top of pear.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Stand cake for 5 – 10 minutes then turn onto wire rack.
- Sprinkle top of cake with cinnamon and caster sugar mix.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
- This is very easy to make by simply whipping the thick part of coconut milk.
- Put in the fridge overnight, scoop out the thick stuff, and whip with some vanilla essence, maple syrup or honey.
This recipe is gluten free dairy free egg free and nut free