You will not believe how good this icing is.
I know tofu in icing sounds weird. I thought so at first too. But once you try it, you won’t believe how good it is … no really, it is just like a traditional cream-cheese icing but without the dairy. Everyone who has tried this icing on our cakes has loved it … and I do mean everyone.
This icing is free from dairy, gluten, eggs and nuts and is really very easy to make. And while it sounds exotic you can get Tofutti at most supermarkets and health food stores. Here it is here if you want to see what it looks like.
So here’s how to make it.
- ¾ cup dairy free margarine
- ¼ cup tofutti (dairy free cream cheese)
- 3 cups icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste, pure vanilla extract, or fresh vanilla bean.
- Beat margarine and tofutti until smooth. You can use a whisk if you have the stamina, or otherwise an electric mixer will do fine.
- With the mixer on low, add sifted icing sugar until the vanilla icing reaches spreadable consistency.
- Spread or pipe on cooled cakes.
This icing will last in the fridge for a few weeks or so. We have a constant supply of it in our fridge. Just check the use by date of the tofutti and margarine as a guide.
Let us know what you think about this one.
You can grab our allergy-free cookbook here. And for a limited time you can get 20% off if you use the code CAKE20 at the checkout.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free and nut free