These gorgeous biscuits are free from gluten, dairy, egg and nuts
These kiss biscuits are so yummy and really very easy to make. Put out a plate of these for afternoon tea and we guarantee the whole batch will be gone in no time. You can experiment with the filling if you want to mix it up a little, we sometimes use chocolate or vanilla icing instead of jam…works a treat.
With all of our recipes, we recommend using our gluten-free flour. You can get our gluten-free flour recipe sent to you when you signup to our email list over to the right in the sidebar, or in the footer below if you’re on a mobile.
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda (baking soda)
- 1 cup dairy free margarine (or coconut oil)
- 3 tbsp water (or coconut milk) – we used water.
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- Strawberry jam (make sure it s free from allergens)
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a food processor or stand mixer, combine flour, sugar and bicarb soda.
- Add in dairy free margarine (or coconut oil) 3 tablespoons of water (or coconut milk), and vanilla. Blend together until comes together.
- Roll into a long roll and wrap in cling film and pop in the fridge for a few hours to rest and firm up.
- When dough is ready preheat oven to 180 ºC (356 ºF)
- Cut dough in half and gently roll out on a well-floured surface.
- With floured hands roll out small circles with the dough and place on baking trays, two inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden around the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool, before spreading with jam, and sandwiching.
If you want more recipes like this check out our cookbook Let Them Eat Good Cake
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free, and nut free.