Christmas cookies free from gluten, dairy, egg and nuts
Archie wanted some Christmas biscuits so late one afternoon just before dinner we came up with this recipe. He ate 3 of them before dinner and another three after. I think he liked them!
This is Archie with his little sister.
With all of our recipes, we recommend using our gluten-free flour to get a better result. You can get our gluten-free flour recipe free when you signup to our email list over to the right in the sidebar, or in the footer below if you’re on a mobile.
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free flour (we recommend our flour mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dairy free margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (plus a handful to chop and sprinkle on top at the end)
- 1 cup dairy free white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease and line 3 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl sift and whisk together flour, xanthan gum, corn flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using a hand-held or stand alone mixer, beat margarine, brown sugar, caster sugar, coconut milk, and vanilla until fluffy. Slowly beat in the dry ingredients. Once combined, add the choc chips.
- Scoop about 1 rounded tablespoon of mixture at a time onto the prepared trays, leaving about 5cms between each.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are golden. For a crunchy biscuit bake a little longer.
- Let the biscuits cool and harden.
- Melt white chocolate and with a teaspoon spread on the biscuits in whatever design you like. As you can see we did one half of the biscuit.
- Chop a handful of the dried cranberries and sprinkle on the melted white chocolate.
Makes approx. 24-30 medium sized biscuits
This recipe is gluten free dairy free egg free and nut free.